There are relationship experts out there that say you should wait three months before you do the horizontal mambo or dance with no pants. For older folks, that’s probably a concept that can be followed. But when you are young and hot to trot, that rule may be hard to go by, especially if you are a dude.
But ladies, you really need to stop thinking that you can live by the same rules that guys do in this department. Because guess what – if you act like one of the guys, you will be treated like one of the guys. And that’s not really what you want, is it?
Scientists, relationship experts and even university level research shows that women tend to experience physical relations in a different way than men do. One of those main differences is that even on the first time, ladies tend to release chemicals in their brains that are related to emotions. It’s complicated.
In addition, ladies are risking more than a guy is, including their reputation.
Take a look at these methods to tell whether you’re ready to lay down the pooty.
1. Big one – if neither of you are attached and are REALLY looking for just a good time. Make sure that you are both on the same page. And please, protect yourself. Do not expect the guy to do it. Be ready.
2. Are you over your last relationship? Contrary to popular belief, rebound sex is not a good idea. Here’s why, and it is actually quite a fascinating one – ladies tend to enjoy intimacy more than men, so your brain and your emotions are looking for that and may think you found it again if you have a good night.
3. You both agree to be exclusive. Again, it goes back to the emotions. Ladies, don’t get mad. It’s reality. Oh sure, some are built different than others. But science is rarely wrong. And you know that is what you want anyway… a guy that is sleeping with you and you only. It’s also safer.
4. Make sure that you won’t regret it. Don’t just pick up someone because you are lonely one night. And try to keep your drinking to a minimum if you are in a social situation. You don’t want to wake up with a hangover next to some guy whose name you don’t even know.
5. He’s the one. You have been dating and you know he is the one you want to be with. Just make sure that he is on the same page.
Just be careful. Protect your body and your heart by using your brain.