So when you first start dating this guy, it’s all hot and heavy and he can’t seem to get enough of you. And then, as happens in most relationships, things start to cool off and he’s not always at your beck and call. So, women especially will start to do things to get “that loving feeling” back.
Stop shaking your head and pursing your lips. You know it’s true.
Women will start doing things like calling him more, doing things for him that were shared duties before, giving him gifts and even coughing up money. The relationship becomes costly, not only in terms of money, but also in terms of time, effort and your heart.
Are you spending too much on your relationship?
• You are tired more than usual. In addition to working, you are playing house (married or living together), so you are cooking for two, cleaning for two and doing laundry for two (maybe more if either of you have kids). That’s not fair. A compromise needs to be met so that you can continue to do your job well and also have time for yourself. You are not his maid. You’re his partner. It’s time for your boo to step up.
• Your bank account is not what it used to be. You are making the same, but now you are buying groceries or take out for two, spending money on gifts and buying more clothes to keep looking good. In a real relationship, that shouldn’t be happening. Costs should be shared at the least and you shouldn’t have to be in the latest fashions. He’s supposed to love you for who you are, not as a Kim Kardashian dress-alike.
• You are sacrificing your own goals and aspirations for his. Don’t do that. A real man will support his woman’s career. And you have to ask yourself this question: would he do the same for you?
• There’s no time for hobbies or the things you used to like to do on your own or even with friends. You spend every waking moment when you are not on your job with him or doing things for him. That’s costly. Don’t let a relationship take away more than it gives.
• Your future – is he really worth all this attention? Is this the one who will be there for you through thick and thin?
Any relationship needs boundaries. Shared responsibilities and even costs are important to the success of a true romantic partnership. Don’t be the big spender at the cost of your individuality.
Tags/keywords – cost of your relationship, relationship costing too much
A relationship can be costly in terms of money, time and your heart.