Marriage is still a popular option for couples that want to make a commitment in front of God. Living together is cool, but actually getting married provides more protection under the law in case something happens to him or you get divorced.
But how do you know whether or not he is the right one?
1. He’s your biggest fan. He brags about you to friends and family. It can be a job promotion or the fact that you won the office football pool. He is proud of you.
2. You and him share the same values. We’re not talking about Mickey D’s value meal. We’re talking about whether or not you want kids, if you want to buy a house and saving money, things that matter for the future.
3. He will do what it takes to support you. That can be as big as moving to another city so that you can take an important job or he will support you financially and mentally if you want to go back to school. He is willing to make sacrifices to show that he supports you and wants to be in your life, and contribute to your success and happiness.
4. Big one – he doesn’t attempt to change you. He loves you the way you are, even when you cry at the movies and your make up runs and you look like the Joker from Batman.
5. It’s been six months or more and he still does old-fashioned (yet manly) things for you, such as opening the door, bringing you flowers, etc.
6. You are more excited about being with him for the rest of your life than having a big, fancy wedding.
7. He’s whom you call whenever anything happens, good or bad.
8. You can do a lot of things together without fighting, things he likes to do as well as things you like to do.
Marriage is a big step and it takes some thought as well as effort to find the right one. Don’t let him get away!
Tags/keywords – signs he’s marriage material, signs you should marry him, the guy you should marry
There are several ways to tell if you and your man are marriage material.