‘Buckyballs’ Magnet toys to be banned after toddler died swallowing seven balls

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Buffer this pageEmail this to someone

Reports: Daily Mail

The Consumer Product Safety Commission will likely ban the small but dangerous high-powered magnets known as ‘Buckyballs’ from the market after one child died another 7,700 were taken to the emergency after swallowing them.

The startling figures were released this week as part of a proposed final rule to rid the rare-earth magnets from the shelves completely.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>